Friday, July 22, 2011

Summer S'more Fun!

There is just something about s'mores that says summer too me. Probably because when I hear s'more I think about sitting around a campfire, marshmallows toasting, Hershey bar and graham crackers ready to go, and somebody sitting with the flashlight telling some freaky ghost story. It's actually ironic that any of those thoughts enter into my head, since I have only been camping twice in my life and s'mores were never involved. 


Even with my lack of camping background,  there is something special about the combination of toasted marshmallows, graham crackers, and chocolate. And whenever there is something special about a flavor combination, it just has to be made into a cupcake, in this case mini cupcakes. 


So, to make the summer fun cupcake, we started with a chocolate graham cracker crust, then a moist chocolate cake, topped with a meringue frosting. Then came the fun part, a kitchen torch, like you use for creme brulee. Toasting the top of each cupcake made each one look like a toasty chocolatey treat. 


Interested in ordering from Criminal Cakes? Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment