Sunday, July 3, 2011

I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy, Yankee Doodle, Do or Die


I went traditional and got creative for my desserts this 4th of July. It's fairly obvious I love cupcake, but really who doesn't. They are a little piece of happiness. But when I think of the 4th, I don't think cake, I think pie. Cue song "I Like Pie, I Like Cake." 


But I had never made a pie, and I was taking my dessert to a lindy hop potluck. Not the place where utensils are guaranteed. So I wanted to make personal pies, or what I'm calling cup-pies, since they are smaller then tarts, made in little muffin pans. I also wanted to do a star top, instead of lattice style. So with this idea in my head, I got together the ingredients for blueberry pie, and made my first pie crust. 


They didn't all come out as planned (way messier then expected,) but they tasted good and one blueberry cup-pie came out perfect. In fact, at the potluck,  these were gone with in minutes of me setting them out. I guess everyone loves blueberry pie. Especially personal servings of it. 





The other dessert of the day has already been mentioned in a previous posting, but I'm going to repeat myself. So here it is, I also made red velvet cupcakes. They were a huge hit. I didn't come home with a single cupcake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment