Friday, July 8, 2011

For the love of Cupcake!!!

Last night was the first time my partner in crime and I were able to get together and bake for quite a long time. While my kitchen has been overflowing with cupcakes, hers, well it hasn't been quite as busy. But what do you expect when a stand mixer goes kaput. That's right, lack of baking. So I gathered up my stuff, including my stand mixer, packed it in my car, and headed out there after work. The goodies menu ... Snickers' cupcakes and lemon (yes I said lemon again, because I'm in love with this cupcake.) We were also going to try our hand at fondant, making it, and decorating with it. But the first recipe I found, wasn't going to work for figures, and the one we tried was still to soft ... but that's a story for another day. 


You may be wondering what is a Snickers' cupcake ...  Thinking, how do you get all the wonderful flavors of a Snickers into a single cupcake. Just imagine the combination of a chocolate cupcake, filled with chopped Snickers tossed in a homemade caramel sauce, and frosted with a caramel buttercream frosting. The frosting, OMG the frosting. Creamy, buttery, sugary, and salty. Not to mention how the filling was like a Snickers bar, but so much better, with the extra coating of caramel bliss. The result, a mind boggling experience of the ultimate deliciousness. 


Then we got to work on my favorite lemon cupcake. I know most people want chocolate, but me, I love lemon desserts. While I would never turn down chocolate, there is something so amazing about the combination of tartness and sweetness. It's a perfect summer dessert because it's light and fluffy in both flavor and texture. Really I don't see how anyone could turn down one of these amazing cupcakes. 


Last night we made up a batch of lemon cream cheese frosting, but I was too tired to frost my half of the cupcakes, and needed to drive home. All the way home, I had this thought that strawberry cream cheese frosting would be divine on these ultimate lemon cupcakes. So that;s what I did to my unfrosted cupcakes, I made them shine with a delicious frosting made with fresh strawberries and cream cheese. Yum. I then topped them of with strawberry slices. Not only do they taste of summer, they look super summery with the dash of fresh fruit and the light colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment