Saturday, July 23, 2011

I Feel a Sin Coming On - Bonnie and Clyde Cakes

This cupcake, OMG this cupcake. It might sound a little dramatic to say it came to me in a dream, but it wouldn't be far from the truth. It started one night when I had a craving for a chocolate peanut butter combination. I had already made a chocolate peanut butter swirl cupcake, which was, of course, delicious, but I wanted something different, something creamier and with ganache. 


What I was imagining was a decadent chocolate cake, with a sweet peanut butter filling baked inside, then dipped in a rich chocolate ganache. Normally you would think that would be the end. But no, my mind wasn't done yet. it topped the cupcake off with a chocolate ganache frosting and peanut butter cream cheese frosting. 


As I'm sure you can imagine the cupcake is rich, super rich. In fact this cupcake would be a millionaire, maybe even a billionaire. In fact this cupcake is so rich it is sinful, after having one bite I couldn't decide what deadly sin I was committing just by eating it. This was the type of cupcake you savor, slowly eating it, making sure you enjoy each and every  bite. 


Imagine savoring the rich, moist chocolate cake. The kind of cake that makes your mouth water just thinking about it. In the center is a sweet and creamy peanut butter. A filling reminiscent of a Reese's peanut butter cup, but better, creamier. To get to the cake, your fork has to pierce through the shiny dark chocolate ganache, rich and not too sweet. A line of ganache frosted the outside, then in the center a creamy peanut butter frosting. 


You may be wondering, why Bonnie and Clyde cakes ... Bonnie and Clyde worked as a team, a good team, a criminal team. Peanut butter and Chocolate also work great together as a team, one of the best teams. In fact, Peanut Butter and  Chocolate together is a criminal combination. 




Interested in ordering from Criminal Cakes? Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment